Kat and her best friends...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello, Again!!

Oh, it has been awhile since I have posted anything.  It's life... just way too busy!  Busy in a good way, though.

Katherine is doing well in the pre-k program at school.  We had our parent/teacher conference that took all a three minutes to complete.  I guess I pretty know what is going on since I do talk to her teacher on a daily basis (a little perk for working at the school).

Katherine is out of the pink phase and has moved right into black.  Oh, and white.  That would be because Shamu Whale is black and white.  She is obsessed with killer whales.  She wants to be a Shamu trainer when she grows up.  For now, she is going to be a Orca Trainer for Hawgoween.

She only wears black and white.  It's been amazing because I have been able to get her to wear shorts.  Before, it was like "pulling teeth" to get her into a pair of shorts or jeans.  Now, if they are black, she wears them without any argument.  I did draw the line, though, I would not paint her nails black.  I think that we should wait on that one...

Pre-K Picture
She keeps getting older and I keep staying the same age (hehe).

So... that is the long and short of Katherine.

I have made the decision to go back to school to get my master's degree in education.  In high school, I had a school counselor tell me not to even apply to any colleges.  She said that I would never get in.  I had okay grades, B's and C's, but my focus during the first two years of high school was gymnastics.  After all, I did get to go to Romania and work out with Nadia Comanchi and the Romanian Junior Olympic team.

So, by my junior year, I was burnt out ~ school and gymnastics.  I quit gymnastics and took the "backseat" in school.  I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, anyway.  By my senior year, I took the "advice" of the counselor and did apply to any college but Harbor College.

I started my first year and it wasn't as hard as the high school counselor made it out to be.  I pretty much got straight A's and then applied to Chapman University.  I wanted to get into the education program but it was impacted so I went the Sociology route.
I stopped going there because I ran out of money.  I worked three jobs to pay off school and when I finally did about 5 years later, I had nothing to show for it.  I was living in Las Vegas at the time so I applied to UNLV.

In my head it was the perfect time to get into the education program.  Nope.  I was accepted into the program but it would have dropped me down to a first semester sophomore (needed to make up the prerequisites).  So I stuck with Sociology and graduated three semesters later.

Oh, I wanted to go back to my high school and let that school counselor know my accomplishments.  She had passed away many years earlier.  Oh well.  At least I knew what I had done.

Working at the elementary school now, I have made the decision to go back to school and get my master's degree in education.  It's been a goal of mine for many years now and I am going to obtain it.  It is a one year full time program.  It is hands on and I am really ready to do this.

So... in a nutshell... that is what I have been up to.

Brett... he has been busy.  Not flying the big airplane but has started flight instruction again.  Something to fill his days with.  I really think that he is enjoying it but missing flying around to the exotic places.  I know that Katherine has really enjoyed having him around.

If I had to do it all over again, I don't think that I would have changed a thing.  Yes, he was gone a lot when she was a baby but I would rather have that than him gone as much as he was back then, now.  He gets to spend so much time with her now.  They have a very special bond.  It is so much fun to see. She loves going to the airport and Home Depot with daddy.  They build projects together and I think that she knows her way around the garage better than me.

Sorry for the delay in updates.  With the holidays coming up (yep, I am done with all of my holiday shopping), I am hoping to update more and add a few more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment