Kat and her best friends...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My New Ride


Yes, I finally did it. I got a car that I can take the dogs and the kid around in together. It was hard to do take all three in the Avalon because I was always afraid of the dogs claws and the leather seats. We made it work when we needed too but there was always a concern whenever we did.

We started looking at SUV's and minivans about three years ago and never found the "right" one. I needed to find a car that had air vents in the back for Katherine. It gets hot here and she needs the air in the back just as much as we need it in the front. I also didn't want a car/van/SUV that was too big for us. After all, it's just Katherine and I for the most part.

My dream car is the Mercedes ML350 but I know that would never happen. Plus, I have a hard time spending $50k for a car ~ that is just me.

After looking and researching cars for my mom, I started to look at the Hyundai Veracruz for me. It actually compares to the Mercedes without the cost and repair cost of the Mercedes (I did a comparative analysis on the Mercedes website between the two). The Veracruz had all of the features that I would want in a car plus air vents in the back mounted on the roof. Perfect for hot Phoenix summers. I wanted to test drive the car, though, during the middle of the day to see if those air vents cooled the back.

The air conditioning in the Veracruz is amazing! It cools the car down so fast!! So, I went home that night, I did more research. Spending that much money, I wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision. I called my family and friends to get their opinions.
**Do I need a third row seat?
**Is it economical?
**Warranty? (10 year/100,000 miles ~ $2500)
**Would it really benefit to buy a new car? After all, we haven't had a car payment in 5 years...

So, after talking extensively to Brett (via phone since he was on a trip) and friends, I went back down to the dealership and decided to do it. After their first offer, I walked away. As much as I wanted the car, I needed to have a break. I received a call from the salesman stating a different offer and then I called my mom and Brett to get their opinions.

After weighing the pros and the cons, I went back. My mom was ever so kind to lend us the money and I signed on the dotted line. It's a great investment for her since you cannot find a CD today that pays more than 1% and we are delighted to pay her the interest than pay a bank.

I love my car and have no worries that we made the wrong decision. We can take the family (all 5 of us) in the car and not feel cramped. The third row lays flat and it came with a mat so the dogs claws are not an issue.
We have even used the third when we had guests in town. It made it so much easier getting around town. The third row also has the air vents on the roof which made it even more comfortable.

I am so excited about my car and amazed of the features that it has for the price that we got it for. Katherine is in love with the air conditioning and she can control how cold it gets in the back. Brett likes the automatic tail lift and I just love everything about it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really nice! My mum has had two Hyundai's in a row now. She loves them!

    ReplyDelete