Kat and her best friends...

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our L.A. Visit


We made a visit to L.A. this past weekend and had a blast! Brett had a trip to Las Vegas so it was just Katherine and I for the weekend. It was a jammed packed weekend!!



On Friday, we picked up my mom and dad and drove to San Diego. We met My sister and her family at Sea World. Katherine had so much fun playing with her cousins, Austin and Kayla. We saw the new dolphin show in which I am not sure why they even call it the "dolphin show" since the dolphins were basically a side show. It was a good show but it was more acrobatics and high diving than the "dolphin show".

We also saw the new Shamu show ~ Katherine's favorite! She loves the whales. It was the new show and it was pretty good ~ for what they have to work with. It is sad that the trainers still cannot get back in the water with the whales. You could see that the whales were missing their trainers. Hopefully the lawyers and the government will "move on" and let the whales have their friends back (just my opinion).


On Sunday, we went to a Memorial Day celebration. Katherine and I drove to La Qunita to visit friends and surprise others. It was so much fun seeing everyone one. I really miss all of our friends out there. I know that Katherine especially misses her best friends ~ Sam and Alli.
All of the kids had a grand time in the pool even "falling in". It was a Katherine classic moment... riding the tricycle around the pool, not paying attention and riding right into the pool. Yep, she was very surprised but her swimming lessons came in handy. She swam right to the side and it didn't phase her.
I got to hang out with my two good friends after the party and we just sat and gabbed. What a fantastic night!

Monday morning, Brett returned and Katherine and I were so excited to see him. I know that he missed us and being able to hang out with us on Sunday. We had dinner with all of the grandparents and on Tuesday, my mom and I had a "girls day". It was a busy day but very productive day.

The entire weekend, I think that I drove about 900 miles ~ up north, down south, and east ~ but it was all worth it. The days just flew right by and it's hard to believe that we are already in June.

Looking at our calendar... June is going to be one busy month!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, isn't Sea World disappointing compared to when we were kids?! On our next trip back to California I think we might actually skip it.

    Haha! My brother Mike rode a bike into a hot tub when we were kids in Palm Springs.

    ReplyDelete