We are at the end of August and I am really looking forward to fall and winter ~ my two favorite times of the year. I am also really looking forward to the weather cooling off. I like hot but it has been HOT! HOT! HOT! here. Hopefully we will be under a 100* by Halloween.
I think that Katherine is ready for the weather to cool down as well. She asked when we could go play in the snow again. So, I have started making Christmas plans. Since I am working now and can only go on vacation when school is out, I think that we celebrate Christmas here in Phoenix and then go up to a cabin where there is snow for a few days after. Not sure if we will fly or drive. Brett says that the airplane likes the cold but then we would have to rent a car.
I also have all of my Christmas shopping done for the cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Yea! I guess that I was at the right place at the right time ~ lots of sales. Now, I have four months to wrap. I really am not a fan of wrapping and if I can predict the future, even though I am done with shopping, I will wait until the last minute to wrap.
The past two years, I have had wrapping parties and they are wonderful. You get all of your wrapping done in one night with all of your friends. They bring a few rolls of paper, you bring a few rolls paper and poof! you don't need to do any wrapping paper shopping. It's awesome! You are also talking so much and sipping on a hottie tottie, look down and you are done. All done with all of your wrapping. It's a very productive and fun night.
Not sure how I ended up on that tangent but I guess what I am trying to say is, I am really looking forward to the end of this heat and ready for Christmas music on the radio. My husband has different views on this subject. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment