Kat and her best friends...

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little Girly, Girl


While I was pregnant, I never thought in a million years that I would have a little girly girl. When I was little, I hardly ever wore dresses and never had tea parties. I wanted to play sports and dresses just got in the way.

Katherine has proved that you can play sports and wear dresses. She only wears pink (sometimes purple) and it has to be a dress. She will wear tights only if it is cold outside. The last time that she wore jeans was when they were doing water safety week at her swim school. I had to beg her and probably bribe her to wear them. It was torture for her, I am sure, since they were not pink.

So, here we are and she was invited to a party called Girly, Girlz. It was in Scottsdale. I knew that I was going to be spending some money in order to get out of the birthday party... just how much was the question.
We walked into the store and pink was EVERYWHERE! It was Katherine's Mecca. Flowers, tutus, feathers, etc. You name it, they had it. Ugg! It was very cute, though.

We entered the "tea room" in which the birthday party was to take place. It was a surprise party and the little girl was very surprised. The "hosts" of the facility took each girl to have their hair, make up and nails done. Katherine was in complete heaven! Nothing could have burst her bubble.
Then they had lunch on cute little tea plates along with pink tea in breakable cups. Yep, breakable and of course my daughter was the one that put it to the test. Her dress got caught on the chair and when she went to reach to get her balance, she pulled down one of the plates. It broke. She told the lady, "Sorry" I don't know how many times.
At the end of the party, the girls did a little parade around the store and then it was time to shop. I was very impressed with Katherine and shopping. She picked out one item which was $4.95. I was expecting to spend so much more money. I did pick up a few books... two to be exact. One for each grandma.
They are books for grandma's to fill in. Hopefully they will as the books ask for them to write down stories from their childhood. I think that it is a great resource for Katherine as she gets older to really know who her grandmothers really were. I knew my grandmother (my mom's mother) but really got to know her just a few years before she passed away. I wish that I had some stories from her written down. The same goes for my great grandmother. I was very lucky to have her around until I was about 27 years old. I would have lunch with her at least one Sunday a month and loved to hear her stories.

Anyway... getting back to my little girly, girl. Katherine and my great grandmother, really would have gotten along well. My great grandmother was always "dressed to the nines". So, looking back, maybe, the girly, girl really does come from me and it just skipped a few generations... Whatever the case maybe, I am really learning a lot from my little girly girl and even asking for her advice on my fashion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment