Little Katherine is very much a girly girl. Barbies, My Little Ponies, Princesses... anything girly. Her room is painted pink and her bathroom is decorated with butterflies.
She has found a new love... a love for killer whales and dolphins. She wants EVERYTHING to be either black or blue. No more pink. She even asked for her room to be painted black. Her room could be a closet (a nice size walk in closet) so painting it black would make it look so much smaller.
We watch two videos... Believe (Shamu Whale) and the Dolphin DVD, both from Sea World. We watch the shows as well as all of the bonus features. I think that I pretty much have both videos memorized. I think that it awesome that Katherine has found a love for marine life. It's just crazy how obsessed she has become.
Before this stage, I had to BEG her to wear long pants. Now it's very simple. She has blue jeans (like dolphins) and black jeans (like killer whales). She wears black and white shirts and every now and then I can get her to wear a pink shirt. Brett wants her to wear pink again. He keeps telling her that pink looks much better than black.
I know that Brett is done with this "black phase" and I wasn't so excited to hear that she wanted her fingernails painted black. Maybe we are dodging a bullet, though. Maybe she is going through her "black stage" now and we won't have to go through it again during the teenage years. Yep, I know that this is wishful thinking but for now it's kind of cute.
While explaining how dangerous it was working with killer whales, I showed her the trainer that was killed by the killer whale. I didn't show her the video of it (duh). I pointed her out in the behind the scenes chapter in the Believe video. I was trying to make a point and I am not sure if Katherine understood my point or not but we did go have three inches cut off of her hair.
For Halloween, Katherine was a Orca Trainer. Yes, she understands what a Orca is. She spouts out random facts about killer whales. Finding a costume for Halloween, it wasn't the easiest but we made her a very fun and comfortable costume. She received a lot of nice compliments about how unique she was.
I do miss the pink but I think that it is great that she has found such a love for marine life. She loves it all ~ fish, seals, sea lions, sharks, pilot whales, dolphins and above all killer whales.
No comments:
Post a Comment