Kat and her best friends...

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We kicked off Thanksgiving week with grandparents lunch at school.  Gary and Sherrie visited Katherine's school and had lunch with her class.  While waiting for our Thanksgiving feast (it was about 45 minutes late), Brett read the kids a story.  It was quite cute but I guess that he was nervous as his palms were sweating.
Our food finally arrived and it was soo good!  I could enjoy it for about two minutes and then it was back to work. 

Once I finished work on Tuesday afternoon... it was party time!!  Woo Hoo!  No school for 5 days!!

Wednesday was the day of swimming.  Katherine swam at the Camelback Inn for about 3 hours and then went to swim class.  She has a new instructor and with it being the day before Thanksgiving, she was the only one in class.  A private class for group price.  I'll take it!
Katherine was pretty much done and ready to fall asleep after her lesson.  We had dinner and then it was time for bed.

Thursday ~ Turkey Day!  Although in our house we have Roast Beef on Thanksgiving.  I am not really a turkey fan and one day I looked up the recipe for Lawry's Prime Rib and haven't looked back since.  It feeds the same amount of people and by the time that you add in all of the fixin's for turkey dinner, it's about the same price.

Our roast beef cooked fast and we had dinner about an hour and a half early.  Hey, it's Thanksgiving... anything can happen.  We had Brett's parents, Lillian (a Tossell family friend), Brett's uncle Bill and his girl friend along with her three kids.  It was a full house considering about two weeks before Thanksgiving I thought that it was only going to be Brett, Katherine and I.
At about 6pm, we had more people come over to our house.  All of the neighbor kids and their parents.  It was tons of fun.  We had the XBox going, the fire going, laughter through out the house and sharing stories. 

Friday was SPA DAY!  It was a nice and relaxing day for me.  I hung out by the spa pool and drank a very refreshing Cucumber Mojito before my relaxing massage.  Ahhh!!

Saturday was just another relaxing day while we wrapped up Sunday with decorating for Christmas.  Wow!  Christmas!!  It's almost here!  Yea!  My favorite time of the year.  I love the decorations, music and lights.

So, another Thanksgiving has come and gone and now onto the next holiday.  Brett will be working on Christmas and I am going to be taking Katherine to see Shamu.  Gary and Sherrie will be spending their Christmas with David, Heidi, Dylan and Ryan in Texas.  Considering I was thinking that it was only going to be Brett, Katherine and I for Thanksgiving, it was really nice for Gary and Sherrie to come on over and share the holiday with us.

Now onto Christmas...


No comments:

Post a Comment