Kat and her best friends...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day at the Tossell Home

Our Christmas day was celebrated a few days earlier than most.  It is something that we have to do every year due to Brett's job.  Let's face it... those that he flies, like to travel during the holiday season so we have adapted to his schedule.  Katherine is okay with it.  She gets to have two Christmas'.  One with Brett before he goes on his trip and another on Christmas day.

I don't mind celebrating a few days early, either.  My mom has worked in the cruise industry for over twenty years.  The ship comes in even though it's Christmas and my mom had to work at the ship on many Christmas'.  The first year was tough but after that we learned to adapt and celebrate on the day that we chose.

So, Christmas morning came and Katherine could only jump when she saw her new wetsuit.  Santa knocked it out of the park with all of the Killer Whale things.  She received a new killer whale pillow, slippers, calendar (so that we can count down the days until daddy comes home), and blanket.  Katherine was in heaven.
Brett and I gave her a few Darbies (Barbies) and accessories, a Strawberry Shortcake and a black and white lava lamp (it's a great night light).


As you know, Brett's gift to me and my gift to Brett was the kegerator.  When we sold the three kegerator when I was 6 months pregnant with Katherine, we always said that we would get another.  Well, the time came when we saw this one on clearance and then on sale.  Not only that, it came with it's own co2 tank and and one year warranty.  Oh, how could we go wrong?

Brett also gave me a digital frame and picked only pictures of Katherine and I.  There are a lot more than I thought since I am usually the one taking all of the pictures.  It was a very thoughtful gift. 
Katherine and I made a picture frame for Katherine with a poem and included a picture of her with him when she was first born and a picture that was just taken about a week before Christmas.  A huge difference.

Santa also filled up BJ and Lucky's stocking.  BJ had a blast opening the presents... Lucky not so much.  He just wanted the bone unwrapped so that he would start chewing on it.  He actually buried it before he started chewing on it.  BJ on the other hand, just guarded her bone.  No one was going to touch it. 
They were very happy doggies.

So, those were our big presents to one another.

Our Christmas dinner was pizza and it included having the neighbors over.  It was very relaxing.  Lots of stories and laughs.  We had a fun night. 

It was a perfect Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Christmas! Sometimes I think it's easier if you celebrate on a different day.

    ReplyDelete