Kat and her best friends...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Proud Parent Moment

It has been awhile since my last entry.  Sorry for the delay but it has been crazy busy between work and home.  I promise I will catch up.  For right now though, I must brag a bit...

My four and a half year old little girl is riding a two wheel bike.  On Wednesday she asked for Brett to take her training wheels off.  I was doing a little last minute shopping and he waited until I got home.

I was so impressed.  Katherine got the tool out and started to take the training wheels off.  She needed Brett's help to start but after that she took the bolt off.  It was pretty amazing (just my opinion).

So, Brett took her out to the cul de sac and they started to go.  She was really wobbly and then I remembered a friend of mine told me about the "towel trick".  You take a beach towel and put it under their arms.  It is suppose to help with their balance and you can catch them quicker.

Her and I did that for about 30 minutes and I told her that she wasn't going to get this in one day, it was going to take time and practice.  Well, she showed me. 

We went in and then went out for lunch.  When we returned, she wanted to go out again.  This time she went with Brett and after about 15 minutes, she was riding the bike on her own.  Crazy kid!!  I cannot believe it!!

I remember when my dad took the training wheels off of my bike when I was 5, I made him put them back on ~ several times... on... off... on... off...

Anyway... in less than 1 hour of practice time, Katherine was riding the bike on her own.  Oh where has the time gone? 

Today we went out for a forty minute bike ride and she didn't fall nor run into any parked cars.

So... that is my little bragging moment.  I am really proud of her.

Next, I will post about Christmas.  We have already celebrated and our tree has been taken down.  I will explain later.


No comments:

Post a Comment