Kat and her best friends...

Monday, August 9, 2010

Monkey Boy

We celebrated Katherine's first birthday at the Phoenix Zoo. In her goodie bag, they gave her a stuffed monkey. She loved that monkey!! She couldn't go to sleep without him and he got all of the hugs and kisses that he ever wanted.

Being afraid of what would happen if by chance one day, monkey boy gets lost... so we bought a second one. While on a trip to Phoenix (we were living in PSP), we made a stop at the Phoenix Zoo. I picked up one that looked exactly like monkey boy. When we got home, I put it away so that she wouldn't see it.

The only problem with our plan was that the new monkey boy looked really new and the other one looked well used... slobber, kisses, well washed, etc. Anyway, my plan was to wash the new monkey boy to get it looking like the old one but I never got to it.

When we moved back to Phoenix, I packed up the entire house and tried to keep the new monkey boy a secret. That all worked until we unpacked... Katherine saw the new monkey boy and picked him up immediately.

My first thought was, Oh No! But, she held onto him like it was no big deal. Now she has what she calls the "New Monkey Boy" and the "Dirty Monkey Boy". She sleeps with both and gives them both the same amount of love. Both of them travel with us and I am hoping that neither is lost ~ not sure what I would do then.

As usual... it always works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment