Kat and her best friends...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st

Wow! It is December already! This is going to be Katherine's first real Christmas that she remembers. She is the one that has been asking to listen to the Christmas music, put up the decorations and got upset because the outside lights were not up. That really lit a fire to get those lights up A.S.A.P.!

I am so excited to share this holiday with her. It has been a favorite holiday in my family and it is awesome that I can pass it down to her.

We have started to make plans for Christmas and my parents are going to be able to make it out. It is a lot to ask of them, especially my dad in his condition. We are going to have a blast, though!

Brett's brother and his family, as well as Brett's parents, will also be joining us. Katherine cannot wait until her cousins, Dylan and Ryan, come to visit her. She keeps asking daily when they will be here. I am really happy that she has the opportunity to see and play with her cousins. I have four first cousins and until just recently, I hadn't seen any of them for about twenty years. And there is one that I had never met in person but met up with on Facebook ~ which is really neat.

We are going to have a pretty full house on Christmas but I cannot wait. We are going to have a ham dinner on Christmas Eve and then my killer Roast beef on Christmas day. Since little Katherine loves Christmas lights so much, we have also started to make plans to take a limo ride around the valley to see the Christmas lights.

Another awesome way to see the lights is by air so I am sure that we will go for a night flight as well. We are also going to take a trip to the snow. Katherine keeps asking about snow so we are going to take a little day trip up to Flagstaff so that she can play in the snow. We will probably get her a little saucer, since she keeps wanting to go sledding.

So... the stockings are hung, the Christmas music is played throughout the day and night, the decorations are out and the outside lights are up. It is Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment