I dropped Ms. BJ off this morning at 7:30am. It was hard to walk away but I knew that she was in good hands. There was another dog in the waiting room awaiting surgery as well. He was a big dog and when he turned around, I saw that he had a lump the size of a baseball on his neck.
When his mother left him the the tech, she had tears in her eyes. I started to have tears in my eyes as well as I felt really sad for that mother. I am hoping for the best outcome for her and her pup.
I gave BJ lots and lots of hugs and then the tech came out to go over the surgery and took BJ to the back.
It was about 1pm and Brett called to see how little Ms. BJ was doing. She was just on her way in and they said that they would call when she was done. My phone rang at 1:43pm and my heart sank. It was the vet saying the BJ was out of surgery and she did great. We could go pick her up at 3pm.
Ahhh... relief. Now, I just had to wait until I could go pick her up. I did my filing and when I reached the end, it was 3pm.
I walked into the office and was taken away into another room. The tech went over all of BJ's post op procedures and then went to get BJ. The tech said, "She will be a little groggy". The door opened and BJ ran right in. The tech was surprised how alert BJ was as it wasn't normal to be so alert. Yea!! She is okay.
So, you can hardly see what the surgery for her eye lid. The only give away is the fact that they had to shave the hair below her eye, other than that, she looks just fine.
She is a little groggy but Lucky is the happiest to see her. He has given her her space and curled right up next to her while she took a little nap.
Yea!! I am happy that all worked out in the end. Now it's time to start our Christmas celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment