We were able to celebrate Christmas with both sets of grandparents as well as David, Heidi, Dylan and Ryan. Katherine had so much fun running around with the two boys... "Follow me Boys!".
We had our famous roast beef dinner on Christmas Eve and opened family presents. Boy, that was a whirlwind! I am not sure who gave Katherine what but she was so excited to open up the presents. She was also such a great hostess by handing out presents to all of the grandparents. Katherine would also take presents over to daddy and open the presents together.
We got Katherine to bed at about 10pm and she was OUT!! Brett and I relaxed after a crazy night and then Santa came. At about 3:30pm, the phone rang. It was my mom and we were on our way to the hospital with my dad.
They started to do tests on him immediately ~ CAT Scan, X-Ray's, Blood work, etc...
At about 7:15am, my cell phone rang and it was Katherine saying, "Merry Christmas, Mama!". Oh, that really lifted me up. I also was on the phone with her when she walked out into the living room and saw her new Pink Bike from Santa. All she was point... she was in shock! Then, she asked if the presents were for her.
Even though I wasn't with her, I was able to hear everything and my wonderful husband recorded it all so I was able to watch it as well. It brought tears to my eyes.
At about 9am, my mom was told that my dad was going to be admitted to the hospital. So, I was able to go home and take a shower and spend a little time with Katherine and Brett. We opened the rest of the presents from Santa and Katherine has had such a fun time. She loved opening all of her presents, handing out presents and playing with her cousins.
Katherine and I took Brett to the airport at about 3pm and said good bye to him. He will be gone for about a week for work but she will have grandma here to play with.
We won't have any news with my dad until probably Monday. As of right now, he is cooperating which is really unusual. He went to the hospital in an ambulance with out a fight, and was happy to do all of the tests. I also just had a nurse call me to say how nice he is. Yea! Hopefully this will help his recovery.
Instead of ham for dinner tonight, it will just be Katherine and I until my mom returns from the hospital. We are going to have mac n' cheese and pizza for dinner.
I am thinking that we need to move Christmas to the middle of June since the past 5 out of 6 Christmas' have been celebrated at the hospitals. As nice as the nurses and doctors are, maybe if we have Christmas in June... it will just be our family. :)
Lots of love to you all. Merry Christmas! Where ever it is spent...
ReplyDelete