I was looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon and I stumbled upon a roller skating rink giving lessons to kids for $5. Brett was home for the day so we decided to check it out.
It took about 45 minutes to get there and then Brett and I needed to buy socks. I thought that it was just for kids but the sign said "Kids $5 and Parents Free". Woo Hoo!! Although, I cannot tell you the last time that I was on roller skates. I am sure that the last time I was on anything that rolled, it at least 15 years ago or even longer.
Anyway... we walked into the place and it was like we were back in the 80's. It was pretty cool ~ the huge disco ball hanging from the wall and the 80's music on the horrible sound system, the snack bar, painted walls, arcade games... We got our skates and I don't think that they have changed those since the 80's either. The shoe strings were ripped and they were very well used skates.
I got Katherine's skates on her and Brett took her out on the rink. I finished putting mine on and Wow... it had been awhile. It took a little time to get used to them again but the feeling came back. I guess it was like riding a bike... once you learn, you will always know how to do it.
Katherine did great! At first, she fell a bit but then she got the hang of it. It was a ton of fun and a very different way to spend our Saturday.
Later that night, there were muscles a bit sore that probably haven't been used since the last time I skated. I am not sure if we will go back but it was a great experience.
That looks like so much fun! She looks way to tiny to be rolling around on skates but then I bet we were at that age too!
ReplyDeleteShe looks like a pro! Love how Brett was multitasking...:)
ReplyDelete