I know that we are going to have a better week this week. I just spent about a half of an hour spilling my heart out on how horrible the past week was but that won't make it any better. So, I erased it.
The one incident that I am hoping that will get better is Katherine's teacher. Katherine has been in school for about 4 months now. Her teacher was awesome. She took Katherine in under her wing and we got to the point that Katherine wanted to go to school. Katherine was asking when she got to go back. Yea! It was a win until last Thursday. Ms. Cynthia is no longer there. I am not sure what happened but I can only guess that a parent complained. I don't know what they could complain about because she was such a great teacher. Her class was in order in the students loved her.
From my experience, there are a lot of kids out there without boundaries. Kids that get away with anything because their parents don't discipline them. When I say "discipline", I am saying, teaching the child right from wrong and having respect for others. Not only adults but other children too. Yes, I know that they are only 3 but kids can and do respect other kids when they are taught to.
So, I am just guessing since it was such an abrupt exit, that there was an altercation between teacher and student. I am really sad to see Ms. Cynthia go and I really hope that the parent of the child is happy. It was the right thing for their child but the wrong decision for so many others. We have gone back to square one with Katherine not wanting to go to school. She cries every morning now and it breaks my heart. One positive, Katherine is happy to see her friends.
I am also not happy with the teacher that they have in the classroom right now until the new teacher comes. I walked into the room to pick up Katherine today and it was absolute chaos. Kids were screaming and crying. There was another parent picking up their child and the child had scratch marks all over his face. The teachers reaction, "Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that to you. I am not sure what happened but I think the other kid just wanted the toy that your boy had". Huh? And that is okay? That never happened when Ms. Cynthia was there. I know things will get better. This is just a transition ~ for everybody.
I want to wish Ms. Cynthia the best. You will be missed (A LOT). I am hoping that the new teacher will be just as understanding.
On the job front:
Still no job. I keep sending out my resumes and filling out applications on line. I am sure that something will hit. In the mean time, I also have three chocolate parties booked for the month of October now. Woo Hoo! I think that I may have two more. So, I may not have a Monday - Friday job right now but may have found a way for a supplement income.
Finally:
Only two more weeks until Brett is back in the country. He has been traveling all over. It is nice that we set up Skype so that Katherine can see and talk to him. That has made it a bit easier. Every night though, she asks if we can go pick daddy up at the airport tomorrow. When that tomorrow comes, she will be one happy little girl. She really misses her daddy.
So... this week has started off much better and I look forward to it getting even better.
My Little School Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment