I would like to give a little update on my cooking adventure...
It is going well. I am doing much better than I expected. Even Brett is happy with my cooking. He loves his food and has high expectations especially with his job. When he is at work, he is able to go out to a nice restaurants and have outstanding food.
Each week, I look at making five meals ~ one familiar one such as tacos or spaghetti, one vegetarian, and a couple of meat meals. I have also been very creative with the sides as well. Katherine's favorite veggie is broccoli so I have gotten really good at steaming it (without over steaming).
This has given me more confidence so I have been trying a few harder recipes. Ones that take a little more prep and cook time but they turn out the most tasty.
It is funny, though... Each time I give Katherine her meal, she says, "Mac n' Cheese, please". I tell her that she needs to eat one bite before she can have Mac n' Cheese. I haven't once made her Mac n' Cheese because she has liked all of my meals as well.
So... that is a quick update. I feel very successful at my attempt to learn how to cook. It isn't as hard as I made it out to be. I just need to make sure that I read the entire recipe before starting to make the meal. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment