Kat and her best friends...

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Didn't Get The Job

I finally heard today that I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. As I have previously said, I am honored to have been chosen for the interview considering they have about a 100 applicants per posting and only interview 3 to 5 people. That puts me in the top 95%.

After hearing the job description at the interview, I was questioning if I really would accept the job if I was offered the position. As time went on, I don't think that the position was for me. When I received the call this morning stating that they had chosen another person, I was okay but also hurt. It's hard not to take it personally. After all, I was an Executive Administrative Assistant with over 7 years of experience. I was also a flight attendant that within my short time amount of time, I think that I experienced more emergencies and emergency landings (one on my IOE) than Brett has ever experienced. I was also a Wedding Coordinator with over 300 weddings under my belt as well as running my own branch in banking by the time I was 25. Let's also not forget the Mickey Mouse was my boss at one time as well. I have the experience so why wasn't I chosen? That is the answer that I will never know. What I do know is this...

After going to Katherine's Back To School Night tonight, I am so proud of her. I am so proud of us. She has come so far in such a short time. Yes, we have had our challenges with her starting school but after hearing all of the positive compliments about how wonderful she is doing, a mother cannot help but blush. I heard from other parents that they couldn't believe how smart she was. Then, it was awesome to hear from the teachers to hear how brilliant Katherine is and how well she has adapted.

I will never know why I didn't get the job that I interviewed for but I do know I have a little girl that doesn't judge me on my work experience. She and I work together and together we make an awesome team.

No comments:

Post a Comment