First Birthday
Second Birthday
Third Birthday
Trying to figure out a theme for Katherine's birthday party hasn't been an easy one. Her first party was simple... lady bugs. That is what she was on her first Halloween and it just stuck for her birthday. Her second birthday party was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That again was a no brainer. We watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse everyday for almost a year. For her third birthday party, she wanted Princess and Sea Life. So, we combined them into Prince and Princesses under the sea. It was a really cute theme.
This year she is into My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, baby dolls, Barbie (AKA Darby according to Katherine) and of course Disney Princesses. Katherine's two requirements for her party is that she needs party blowers and hats. So, I made a mock invitation for a Strawberry Shortcake theme. I was really into Strawberry Shortcake and so I guess this really hits home for me. Then the next day, Katherine says that she wants a Ariel party. A few hours after that, she says a Darby party and then the next day, Princess party. Too many options. Mama cannot keep up.
So, since we are going on the Disney cruise about a week before her party, I think that it is best to stay with the Princess theme. After all, she will be eating with the Princesses and having story time with them. Now that we have a theme, it's time to come up with an invite. I enjoy making her party invites by hand so it takes me awhile. It's nice though, because it really gets the date set. I pretty much know that I can have the venue that she wants when we want it.
This year, her party will be on April 30th since Easter will be on the last Sunday in April. We have already booked her swimming facility. I am glad that we did it so early because they were running out of weekends in April. Woo Hoo! Katherine wants to have a Princess swimming party. I think that even Coach Aaron will get an invite. :)
It has taken me a few trial runs for the invite but I think that I have one now that all of us like. Now I need to figure out how many to make. Katherine is just like Brett, very outgoing. She wants to invite everyone to the pool for her party. She is so excited! We are going to invite her entire class because my mom always made me invite my entire class to parties when I was young. It wasn't until I was in 3rd grade or so that I could invite just my friends.
Anyway, I need to talk to Katherine's teacher and find out how many invites I need to make and if there are any other kids in her school that she wants to invite that are not in her class. Then I need to make invites for family and friends and I want to have it all completed and mailed before we go on our cruise in April.
So, that is my upcoming project along with making bows. I am probably going to give the bows away as favors. Need to work on that project next. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment