Kat and her best friends...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tears...


I know that it has been awhile since I have written anything. Actually, that is not true, I just haven't published what I have written. Typing issues out has really helped me work through the issues. So, that is why you haven't seen many posts lately.

Anyway... this one post is worth publishing because it brought tears to my eyes.

As you all know, Brett has an amazing job. He is home more now than I have ever seen him. While we were dating and even up to Katherine's first year, I saw him at home a handful of times. It was all that I knew.

Now, he is around all of the time. I am loving all of the time that I get to spend with him and cherish the time that he is able to spend with little Katherine. The two of them have an admirable bond. They are so much alike that it is sometimes scary.

Every time that Brett has a trip, we talk about it with Katherine for about a week before he leaves. Yep, he has lots and lots of notice before he goes. She knows that daddy leaves and then comes home. But it's hard to explain to a three year old how long he is going to be gone. So, I made a calendar and each night we mark off the day. When we get to the picture of her and daddy, daddy is coming home. It has not only taught her about the days of the week but it has taught her what to look forward to.

Today was the day for daddy to leave for a bit. We did our usual... put all of daddy's bags in the plane, gave daddy lots of hugs and kisses and followed daddy to the runway.

As he took off, he tipped the wing to us and Katherine started to cry. I pointed to the airplane and said, "There goes daddy" and she said, "lets follow him" with tears in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment