Kat and her best friends...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday Family Fun Night

I am starting a new tradition now that Katherine is getting older ~ Friday Family Fun Night.

I bought a coupon book of local businesses from a high school student and it has a lot of activities that we can do on Friday nights ~ bowling, mini golf, frozen yogurt, ice cream, dinner, etc. The coupon book is a tax write off and with just a couple of purchases so far, it has paid for itself. Yea! I have become such the coupon user in the past year.

Anyway... last night we went mini golfing and then Katherine "drove" her first car. Yep, I had a coupon for both ~ buy one and get one free! I can't remember the last time that I laughed so hard.


First, we did the mini golf but picked the most boring course. It was fun, though, because all Brett and I had to was hit the ball towards the hole and then Katherine would take over. She would hit her pink ball (a pink ball, shocking) in the hole first and then work on the other two. She looked like she was playing hockey. It was rather entertaining.

Then, it was time to go drive the car. She was so tiny in the car but she did awesome!! There was one other kid on the track, much older than her, and she lapped him ~ three times!! Every time he kept trying to pass her, she would either put him in the wall or would move right in front of him. It was awesome!

Now, she keeps asking if she can go drive again. So Brett asked if she wanted to drive the truck and she said that she was too little. Then, he asked about my car and she said, "No, that's mama's car". She said that she needed a little pink car for her. Brett and I couldn't stop laughing about it last night.

We are looking forward to next Friday's activity.

1 comment: