Before I was pregnant, we made the decision that we were not going to paint the walls of the nursery pink or blue. I just knew that if we had a little boy, we would have tons of blue stuff and the same if we had a girl... we would have enough pink. So, when I finally got pregnant with Katherine, we chose to do the nursery in yellow and green.
It was a cute nursery with three yellow walls and one bright green accent wall. Her bedding was a very neutral design with farm animals. Her closet on the other hand, was full of PINK... just as we expected.
We moved to the Palm Springs area when Katherine was just 14 months old. We rented two houses while we were living out there. Neither of the houses had pink walls. Twenty three months later, we made plans to move back to Phoenix. Katherine was very sad to leave Palm Springs because all of her friends were there. In order to make her feel better, we went to Home Depot and picked out a color that that we could paint her "new" big girl room ~ bright PINK.
It looks like pink exploded in her room. She has pink walls with the Disney Princess decals, pink sheets, pink comforter and tons of pink dresses (she will not wear pants). In her eyes, everything should be pink.
I should have known better than to try to decorate her bathroom with yellow ducks. Ducks are not pink.
So, I redid her bathroom with pink butterflies in under $50. I am so proud of myself and it came out so cute. I went to Target and got the last butterfly decals, which were on sale, and two different colored pink towels (light pink and dark pink), which were also on sale. I then went over to Joann's and picked up a few butterfly patches to iron onto the towels.
I didn't really like the pink shower curtain at Target, plus it was a bit expensive. So was the pink trash can ~ about $20 each. A bit pricey in my opinion for a trash can.
I then ventured over to Wally World. I hardly ever go to Walmart because I need help, it's hard to find someone that speaks English. Any way, wondered around and found the cutest butterfly shower curtain there for $10. It's really only for looks because Katherine still takes baths but it totally matches everything else in the bathroom. Finding a trash can that matched on the other hand... not so easy. So, I picked up a plain white plastic can and found some butterfly stickers. As Katherine put it, "It's a beautiful butterfly trash can".
Woo Hoo! I am so excited that it turned out so well and it was fun to do.
PINK! PINK! That is our world now and it's crazy fun!!
I'm dying to see some before and after pictures!
ReplyDelete