Kat and her best friends...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Karate Katherine

The day before we went on our Disney cruise, Katherine had her Karate Recital. She was so excited that she got to go up on stage. I was excited because every time that I would ask what she learned in karate, she would reply, "I don't know". So this was the very first time that I was going to see what she had learned.

She was up front and center on stage. I couldn't hold back the tears of joy. She paid attention for the most part. There were a few times, though, that she was spinning on stage and on one else was. Oh, well. That is my Katherine. She loves to spin.

When they first started, they warmed up and then it was onto gymnastics. Katherine was the only one to jump off of the spring board and do a full turn (all of the others did tuck jumps). Then she went on and did a backwards roll while many of the others only did forward rolls. They all ended with a backwalk over (of course not on their own).

Then the curtains closed and they got dressed in their karate outfits. When the curtains opened, I don't think that there was a dry eye. It was awesome to see them. Then they started their karate and every single little person payed attention ~ not one was "doing their own thing". It was really neat to see have three and four year olds staying in sync.

At the very end, they were presented with metals. Katherine wore hers all day and showed everyone what she had accomplish. Now I know the "keywords" to ask when asking what she learned in karate.

No comments:

Post a Comment