Almost less than 70 days until our Disney cruise. We are all excited to go and very grateful for this opportunity. Brett's dad is turning 70 this year and he is treating all of the grandkids and their parents to this wonderful cruise.
Growing up with my mom working for the cruise industry for about 20 years, the last trip that I really ever wanted to take (again) was another cruise. We went on so many cruises growing up. We waited in the terminal each Friday night, just hoping to make it on. We were always the last passengers to make it aboard. We have stayed in inside cabins all the way to a mini suite. To me, neither make a difference since you are hardly ever in your cabin.
This cruise, though, is the one cruise that I really have been waiting to go on since Disney introduced their ships. I told everyone to save up their pennies as we were going to make sure that we were going to take Katherine on the Disney cruise for her third birthday. Well, since the economy took a turn for the worst, we didn't spend Katherine's third birthday on the ship. Rather, we moved back to Phoenix two weeks after she turned three.
So, you could imagine my surprise when I heard that my father in law wanted to take us all aboard the Disney cruise. Woo Hoo! A dream come true. Now, if I only still worked for Disney and had my discount...
Anyway... Katherine and I love to watch the videos posted on the disney cruise website and are getting very excited. I found one excursion that we are going to take ~ Dolphin Encounter. This is not a "swim" with the dolphins, rather, they have a shelf like the one at Sea World and you stand on the shelf with the dolphin. Little Ms. Katherine just loves sea life so this is the perfect excursion for her. I have also heard that this excursion is much better than swimming with the dolphins.
We are not going to do any other excursions that are apart of the cruise line since they can be a bit pricey. The dolphin excursion is at our first port and then we are going to play it by ear. We are going to get off of the boat and do our own thing. Or, maybe we won't get off of the boat. We haven't decided.
Brett and I did book a night at the one adult restaurant. AKA Date Night. It will be the one night that Katherine will get to eat dinner with the princesses ~ I don't think that she will mind. I also booked a spa morning, in which I am really looking forward to. Other than that, we are going to play it by ear. The shows look awesome and hopefully their food is better than Carnival's. :)
I have heard that the play area is tons of fun for kids and that parents have a real hard time getting the kids out. So, this will be a great time for Brett and I to spend some time together, kind of on our own. We have not taken a vacation by ourselves since Katherine was born. We are looking at this as being a nice family vacation as well as a mini-vacation for just the two of us.
Let the countdown begin...
I'm SO jealous! I looked into doing a Disney Cruise out of California (since it would be cheaper because we could drive there). I've decided though that I want to wait until the kids are a little older and will remember it. You'll have to let me know what you think of it all. What's good .. what's not. Have fun!!!
ReplyDelete