Kat and her best friends...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Project

On Saturday morning, I woke up and decided that we were going to have a Yard Sale. I threw together some signs and put them up around the neighborhood. Then got all of our "junk" together to sell and set it out on the driveway. It is nice that it is still dark here at 7:30am so it gave us a bit more time to get things out.

When we moved back home, Brett said that we had too much stuff and that we needed to get rid of some of it. This was the perfect opportunity to do so. We just needed to make sure that Katherine didn't come outside. She is very possessive of her things and it would not "fly" if she saw that we sold her tricycle.

I put out things that I knew that we didn't use and weren't afraid to get rid of. I used to complain about how small our house is but now being back in "our" house, it doesn't seem so small. We have just learned how to organize better. :)

After awhile waiting for people to come, I started to work on my hair bows. Yes, I did open an Etsy shop but nothing has moved. Tons of views but not one sale. Etsy works like Ebay, the more feedback you have, the easier it is to sell. So, if you don't have any feedback... no sales. Kind of like credit... once you have credit, the easier it is to buy a car, house, etc.

Finally, the cars start pulling up and people are walking into the garage. I keep telling them that everything that is for sale is on the driveway. Then, one little girl notices the bows and asks if she could buy one. I told the little girl that I needed to put the clup on. On Etsy, I had the option of having either a alligator clip or a french clip. So, the bows needed to have a clip on them so I just started got gluing the french clips on the bows.

I put the finished clips out on the table and those bows were the ones that sold the best! People were buying three and four at a time. I sold them for $2 each. Yes, that is a bit cheaper than selling them on Etsy but Etsy didn't their cut. :)

Now, I have thought about setting up my own website to sell my bows. I know that there are lots and lots of people out there selling bows. Hopefully I can sell some of the bows but Katherine loves them so at the end of the day that is all that matters. I have been making more bows since Saturday and setting up my own website. It will need to be word of mouth so I am hoping that my family and friends will help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment